In the forest near my home are many different kinds of trees. One of the tree types in that forest is the Silver Birch (Betula pendula). Since it’s one of my favorite trees, I wanted to have a high quality model of this tree type.
So after searching for a good looking tree, I grabbed my phone (Oneplus Nord 2T) and started photographing it. The image would later be used for photogrammetry in Meshroom.
And as usual, I made this high quality Silver Birch model, for free. The model is retopologized and has 8K (baked) textures to create a good looking asset.
- AliceVision – Meshroom, for Photogrammetry
- Blender for Mesh Cleanup and Texture Baking
- Cycles X (Blender) as the Render Engine
- Bounding Box Software – Materialize for Texture Creation
- Affinity Photo for 2D editing (Post Processing and Texture Editing)